Shangling CD-T100 CD Player in need of repair

I have a Shangling CD-T100 that can use some service. It has at random a ticking sound something like a scratch on a record and sometimes it seems like a fraction of a word is cut off, something like skip. I am talking like only one letter of a word. This does not happen often but when it does it takes away from my enjoyment of the music. I live in the San Fernando Valley in California and looking for someone to check this out so I do not have to send it across the country. If I have to ship it I will but hate to have this bounced around.

128x128thefile

Showing 2 responses by bt-audio

George,

Thanks for the quick response.  It's not your typical audio box - looks like all the fasteners are on the underside - do I just remove the tubes and cages, flip it over and work from the bottom or is there a trick or two?   
The transport on my CD-T100 (gen 1) has gotten noisy over the years - enough that it's distracting with quiet music.  Would replacing my mechanism with a VAM1202 do the trick to quiet it down?  I've tried playing with the lid adjustment but it seem to have no effect on the noise.  The noise definitely varies with speed of the disc - it sound like it's the disc motor to me.  I haven't had it apart yet so if there are any tricks I'd love to know about them - all advise welcome.

Cheer, Bruce