Shahinian Oblisk

I have just purchased a McIntosh Tube Amp 2102 and Tube PreAmp 2200. The amp gives a choice of connecting my Shahinian Oblisk speakers to different OHM speaker settings.
1. Can someone please explain how the OHM effects the speakers.
2. Should I choose a higher or lower OHM setting for the Shahinian speakers.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
kgksecurity
A very astute suggestion by Newbee. Try all of them and choose which voice you sounds best to you as none will cause any damage to your amplifier or your speakers.
Why not just give Richard Shahinian a shout. I'm sure he would be more than happy to speak with you and give you some insight how best to enjoy his product. Try him at 516-736-0036
I would like to thank all of you for your useful insight on this topic. It is because of people like you that makes this site a pleasure to visit. Happy New Years to all!!!
As a fellow Shahinian-McIntosh-owner, my experience is that the Obelisks sounds best with the 8-ohm-tap
Speaking of Obelisks...
While this doesn't have an exact bearring on the specific question, if you go over to audio asylum and do a search on these speakers, there's a discussion from a year or three ago re. the unique design approach Shahinian takes with them and his Diapasons.
If I understand correctly, the Obelisks purposely use the acoustics of the listener's room to enhance a life-like presentation of the music. Since the actuall room is therefor in a way part of the speaker, I wonder what the ideal listening space for them would be with that in mind.