Setting up home office

After many years including 3 kids I am now returning to setting up a Soundsystem in my home office. I still have my Kef C15s from my military days so thats how long it has been since I had a sound system. 

Because of my job I spent quite an amount of time on the road and in hotels. So I got an Astell and Kern SP2000. Now that I work more at home I thought I would get a nice set up in my office. I currently have a Luxman DA-250 with two monoblock Luxman M-200 Amps. I am currently using the DAP as my source. That is a future upgrade. So looking at replacing the speakers. The source will be a future upgrade.

I play a wide genre of music from Jean Michelle Jarre, to Jim Crochet, Luciano Pavarotti, John Williams to Queen and Yoyo Ma.

Looking for guidance on suitable matched speakers.

Budget would be around 3k and not be too large for a 12-14 room.

Thanks,

Allan

pakiwial007

Showing 6 responses by pakiwial007

I am looking to replace 30 year old speakers and the characteristics most important to me are to bring out the details in a recording. Like hearing the triangle in the William Tell Overture.

I understand simplicity but I wanted the option to change items in the future . I have a good amp and DAC that I am happy with. 

I do like the Kef Active speakers but I also wanted to have a good headphone amplifier. Hence the setup I went with.

Thanks for the detailed response. 

Some very good information.

I can't open the pics but I did look up AR-2ax.

Thanks for sharing.

Allan

Thanks. I will take a look at the Usher's. I had not heard of them.

I'm glad you got the connection with the William Tell overture. I sat there one night and just imagined the person doing percussion and striking the triangle over and over. It made me laugh 

Allan

Thanks for the input. 

Harbeth have come up a couple of times. 

I will take a look at those recommended. 

Enjoying some John Williams this morning after cabling up what I have currently.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/724876595302629466/1093138493498204222/PXL_20230405_114009537.MP.jpg

Went ahead and bought some ATC SCM 7's.

I was happy with the size and output of the Kef C15s and wanted similar size. 

I had it down to AtC SCM 7 /11, Kef LS50 Meta, Herbert p3 and Buchardt P300

Will report in after some time with these 

Thanks for everybody's input,

Allan