Sending music to DAC wireless vs wired

Is there a sound difference? I have read the sound quality suffers when transmitted wireless from computer to DAC. Has anyone A/B'd wireless/wired?

Thanks.
sandman012
Interesting ...
Do you know if any Zardoz (or Roseta sp?) can be demoed in Paris? I have a short trip to Paris in September.

Thanks for your input.
hi hokhost , yes the best is not to trust my audiophile blah blah but listen one unit by yourself :)
i live in Cannes french riviera a little far from Paris..
but i will try to find a reseller in Paris and give it to you in P.Mail.

cheers .

C.C
My house has thick plaster interior walls and poor wireless propagation. But I have a full basement with mostly open joists. So I move audio (and other data) around my house via wired ethernet.

But I always assumed that ethernet was intrinsically better than wireless for audio anyway. Is this not the case?

JPO
I thought the same, and have read it somewhere as well. Anyone do an AB test on wired vs wireless with the squeezebox? I have a long enough ethernet cable that I can try, just didn't get around to it yet. (I don't have any dropouts, either).
That's probably not a good question to ask then if you are concerned about electrical isolation.

That depends much more on the exact DAC and interface used from media player/HTPC -> DAC.

For a simplified example, toslink automatically removed the electrical isolation issue but leaves much to desire on the jitter front. A regular BNC 75ohm coaxial cable will do much better at the jitter front but does carry the ground over. So if the DAC and media player has a good noise rejection circuit with a decent power supply, that would be prefered.

Regarding signal/noise issue on wired and wireless, any decent Cat5E ethernet cable system is great at noise rejection. Cat5E can transmitt 1gigabit/sec over 100ft easily without signal loss. That's far greater bandwidth than any DAC at 24bit/192Hz and any existing Wifi Network.