Selling old, going digital direct ?

Selling Quicksilver 90 watt silver mono tube amps (20 years in great condition)... newer Quicksilver non-remote pre and Musical Fidelity M1 A DAC. Everything together weights about 112 pounds. I'm going to get a NAD C 390 DD integrated with DAC (17 pounds). Might lose sound but I'm 68 and there's big difference in weight. Also getting interested in computer audio...ripping, downloading HD tracks internet radio... It will be easier for me to figure it out with the NAD (not very computer savvy). Any thoughts? THANKS.
zoot45
Zoom,

It's an interesting move you're making. An all digital chain invites digital signal processing ahead of the DAC. This includes bass management in the digital domain, room correction, etc. In other words, you will certainly have the option to do use DSP that IME will very likely improve sound quality, but I'm not sure that the NAD model that you've chosen will allow you the flexibility you need. (I'm unfamiliar with the specific model).

You might want to look at the HK 990 or NAD's own variation on the theme (I don't know their model designation) to explore the possibilities. The key is full DSP capability like that found in most HT AVRs. Even if you don't use it initially, you may find it intriguing down the road.

I'm 100% happy that I went down a similar route a few years back and my advice would be to buy as much DSP capability as you can afford.

Good Luck

Marty
My primary source will probably always be vinyl (4000 records) but I must admit I love the convenience (and simple enjoyment)of computer audio. My setup is very basic: laptop, Logitech Squeezebox going into a Monarchy Audio DAC. I use dbpoweramp to rip and JCRiver Media Center for playback and this all works fine. However, I do agree with Tonyangel's comment concerning the 'hit and miss' quality of HD Tracks' downloads.
As far as reducing the weight and complexity of your system, this makes perfect sense to me but only if you are prepared to accept that the resulting sound quality may not be quite up to the standards of your current system.
Ive had good luck with HDTracks. Also B&W had a High Rez sitethat offers FLAC 24/192. Im looking into a streamer after ripping all my CD's and friends with about 9,500 tracks. Ive been streaming via Apple tv in my office to an Arcam R-DAC So Im in need of a good reference streamer and I think I found it in Accustic Arts. Im planning to go with their preamp and using my JC-1's for awhile until I can afford a good set of mono blocks.