Seeking Feedback from Leben CS-600x Owners

Not many reviews around yet on Leben's update on the CS-600.  I'd be very interested in hearing from owners of this integrated -  successful speakers pairings, sonic qualities, tube rolling experiences, and perhaps how it sounds compared to similarly powered push-pull amps.  Thanks in advance.
128x128three_easy_payments

Showing 2 responses by ghasley

I owned a CS600 and currently have a CS600x in my office system. The Cs600x is better in every way but read up on the cs600 for speaker matches, its just a better and improved version. To me it seems to have more presence and snap. Maybe some power supply improvements, but it isn’t so different that speaker recommendations that were applicable to the 600 no longer apply. I enjoy Devores with the Leben but I have also connected it to my Wilson Sashas and it did a surprisingly good job, just a little loose in the low bass.
What do you mean by tubey sonics? It is rich and musical, responds to tube rolling and yet, it isn’t a set amp. It sounds right to my ears but YMMV. 
Side by side with say, a Primaluna dialogue premium integrated with el34’s it sounds more powerful than the PL on ultralinear and more rich than the PL on triode. The 600x controls the bass where you wont miss the ss control and yet, the mids and top are undeniably top notch tube sonics. But dont confuse it with an overly euphonic kind of amp but an overly euphonic amp is usually deviating considerably from optimal performance. Big round tone while being faster than most el34 tube amps. You really should go listen to one on several speakers. Its worth the money to travel to do so. Besides, even if you fall in instant love, you will have to wait for yours given the backlogs and the wait typically experienced when buying a Leben. They hand build them and demand exceeds supply, even during a pandemic.