Schroeder Model - 2

I have been reading a lot about Schroeder tonearms. I'd like to know if anyone is using the Model-2, preferably with a SOTA TT (I have a Nova with a Benz M2 wood body MC cartridge). What arm wand material are you using - carbon fiber or pertinax? Why?

My budget is about $2000 and I'm also considering a Graham 2.2 (a dealer friend is offering me his mint used one for $2000). I have read may posts here about the comparisons between Graham and Shroeder in general, but would like to know some thoughts on these two specific tonearms in comparison to one another if anyone has direct experience with them.

Thanks
clio09

Showing 2 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

Clio,I wish I could help you here.All I can say is that I am fascinated with the Schroeder line,as they look like very unique and original products.I own the 2.2,and truly love it.It is,obviously a fabulous design.My only point of concern,from your thread is that your dealer is NOT doing you any favors,in offering a mint used 2.2 for two grand.Firstly,unless the owner is clueless,any 2.2 should be mint.They are designed and built to last almost forever!Also,you will see a goodly number of 2.2's on Audiogon,used and mint,for around $1750.00.That seems to be the average going rate.I'd go back to this "dealer friend",and see what kind of friend he really is!Best of luck!!

PS---Raul,I got your E-mail.Loved it too.It was extremely nice of you to invite me to your home,for a wonderful listening session.Unfortunately,I live in New Jersey(USA),and am scratching together enough money to take some kind of family vacation,so an additional flight,for the present, is going to be hard.Who knows?Maybe in the future,but your incredibly warm regards,and invitation is TRULY a wonderful gesture!Now I'm going to have to be especially nice,and not try to disagree with you in the future.Best wishes!