Schiit Freya S or Freya +?

Hello,

What are the sound characteristics of the Freya preamps? Is there a big difference in sound between the Solid state Freya S and the Tube Freya +.
How is bass on both?
My system consists of Aerial 10T speakers with Bel Canto Ref 1000 mono-blocs. Source component is an Oppo 105D player.
alpha3
The Plus with a good pair of gain tubes sounds great, far better then the SS buffer stage alone. I suppose the latter is comparable to the S (less the SS gain). Am I correct?
No. Freya S runs a "Nexus" gain stage, while Freya + runs a JFET buffer:
From Schiit:
"The Freya+’s "JFET buffer" uses a gain-of-1 compound-pair JFET differential amplifier, coupled with an equalized-transconductance BJT output stage. So it converts single-ended to balanced, so now you have another option if you want to convert an SE source without using tubes."

Here is a great comparison of Freya S and Freya + by trusted ears: https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/schiit-freya-and-s-impressions-stream-of-con...

I am looking at up-grading my Carver C1 pre and have been looking at the Freya+ and Freya S.
I have only a Turn Table set up for this application in a small cabinet that I have had tube amps in the past so I am aware of air circulation needs and have a special temp controlled audio fan I installed in the back along with leaving the door open on the front when in use as everything is stacked and tight inside. XLR to RCA unbalanced
I am using a dbx DriveRack PA2 in the chain along with Roon for room correction.
The chain:
Technics SL-1600 RCA out to:
Musical Surroundings Nova II phono pre with RCA out to:
Preamplifier ( currently RCA out on the C1 but with a Freya I could use the XLR out)
To:
dbx DriveRack PA2 with XLR to RCA unbalandes to:
Carver M-1.ot MK II opt.2 amp ( impedance 100k ohms) to
B&W 705's
and
Sunfire True Sub powered.
Would either of the Freya pre's be more suited to my application?
I am a old fart and like my music maybe a little less strident and I do not play loud.

Thank you soooo much for your time, help, and suggestions.