SCHEU Premier substitution

I tried twice to get in touch with Scheu for a new armboard.
No success and not nice.

I am planning to sell it and go for a more serious brand.
Which brand/models will be an overall improvement?
I am looking for a relaxed and lifelike sound.
Thanks so much

PS: Thinking about basis or amazon or dps for istance.
ad010685
Hi Ad010685,

As you've noticed, Scheu has introduced a new website not too long ago and not everything works properly on it, so emails may not be getting to them.

From your post on Audio Asylum and Inmate ID, I see you are in Italy. As Restock mentioned, try sending an email(instead of phoning) to Hudson Audio, the US distributor for Scheu.

I talked to him a few weeks ago and he had just received a shipment from Scheu. Tom's a good guy and will help get you the new armboard. He can be reached at huds143@aol.com
Darkmoebius, many tks for the advise. Wrote mail to Tom right now.
Will let you know how it end.

But still scheu confidence is lost
Cheers
I had a problem with Scheu motor about a month ago.
Although they were a bit slow to respond to my e-mails they did fix unit. It took about 2.5 weeks for me to get motor back.

I'm in Dayton OH USA.

Sergey
I can understand your frustration, Ad010685. But, don't give up so quickly, the performance of the table is incredible. Really on par with the other tables you are considering at a far lower price. I have two Premier mkII's (one w/ 50mm & 80mm platter) and also the Scheu Tacco tonearm.

Check the post on AA from Marco of Soundscape HiFi (also Scheu dealer), Scheu has been busy introducing a brand new turntable. Here's the photos and news from the Frankfurt Analog Show that just happened.

Marco has also offered to help contact the company on your behalf. Somewhere between Tom at Hudson and/or Marco, they should be able to get your armboard to you quickly.

It may just be bad luck that you tried to contact them at this time. I have always had prompt and curteous responses to any of my inquiries, so you experience seems to be a little out of character for the company.
I don´t think there is any reason to loose trust in Scheu and its products - just the opposite.
Problems such as unanswered e-mails may arrive in small companies whose founder dies - Thomas Scheu died 18 months ago. However, his widow, Ulla Scheu, not only continues to run the company, but to develop it further. ad010685, you should just try and contact Ulla Scheu personally under ulla@scheu-analog.de
It indeed takes her some time to answer sometimes, as she is quite busy: Two weeks ago, she presented a new design of a player which will be positioned above the Premier. First photos have been published on the site of scheu´s Singapore distributor http://www.soundscapehifi.com/
see "Scheu/Eurolab".
Until Scheu´s own site is translated into English, Soundscape´s site is the best for info on Scheu.
Judging from first reactions from German vinyl-junkis on www.analog-forum.de, this is another player who would have to pay for much more if it came from traditional companies. I, too, have a Premier MkII with a Taccco-arm - I have yet to find anything that comes even close for the money.