Sat front row at the symphony...

Yesterday, I got to sit in the front row to hear the Pittsburgh Symphony do Beethoven's Piano Concerto no 1 and the Shostakovich Symphony no 10.  I know we all talk about audio gear here, but I have to tell you, sitting in the best seat in the house (Heinz Hall) was an amazing audio experience.  I'm not sure the best audio gear in the world can quite match it.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I was mesmerized by the acoustics of the hall and the dynamics of one of the world's best orchestras.

128x128mikeydee

Showing 2 responses by 7452jf

We have the Escondido Center for Performing Arts that has 2 nice theaters, one of decent size, and one smaller.  Both have great seats across the board.  The past 2 years the San Diego Symphony has performed on a regular basis while their main venue was being renovated, and have enjoyed attending the shows about every few months.  They recently had a 8 member string show that was supposed to be in the small theater, but for some reason was moved to the stage of the larger theater with the audience facing out looking over the regular seating, and the performers facing us.  They started with a duet, then trio, then quartet, ending up with all 8.  This was all natural, no mikes or speakers.  It was incredible!  Yes, sometimes we hear people coughing, or talking, etc, but still enjoyable and a good reference point to how music should sound!  Glad you had a wonderful experience!

@dabel - I've been to the shell, but not for symphony.  We did see the Commodores, War, and George Benson there.  Great show!  Sure we'll spend more time at the Shell as summer comes along, but really enjoy the 5 minute drive home from CCPA.