Sand bags under a cdp - didn't work well

Last night I started the process of vibration control with the use of sand bags (3) under my Arcam cdp. What I found was that while everything became more focused/detailed it also became more sharp/harsh/forward/aggressive. I didn't know what to expect but it certaintly wasn't this. Van Morrison's voice on trk #5 on Sailing to Philadelphia was abnormally aggressive and in the end I preferred the sound without the bags. Any thoughts as to why things became too sharp & aggressive????
rgd
CornFB because tube is 12" diameter under most CDP you will not see it. Because you control amount of inflation with hand pump any weight CDP can be accomadated. Put just enough air in tube so CDP feet are just cleared, tube will be very squished. When you touch CDP it should sway easily.
Cornfed: You can just make a rectangle (like a picture frame) out of wood trim (or whatever) and place the tube inside so that it does not touch the sides. The top of the rectangle should also clear the bottom of the player. This is pretty much what the manufactured gizmos are like. I use a wheelbarrow tube, which is even smaller, on my two box mini sytem in the spare room. I recently tried it on my CAL player in the other system and preferred the vibrapod/platform sandwich instead. However, the tube sounds better (than the Pods) on the cheap system. I guess that you just have to try it and see if you like it. The tube muddled the mid bass and midrange on the CAL but had the opposite effect on the little system. The little system is thin walled and resonates (even after I damped it) and the CAL is built like a brick.
If the bicycle inner tubes are not working, try using one of those inflatable hemorrhoid cushions that can be bought at almost any pharmacy including Target, Walmart, CVS, etc. They are a lot wider than inner tubes and made to hold a lot of weight, i.e. your ass. I put water in mine because water is more dampaning than air. Works for me.
Your statement that the music became more focused and detailed but forward/harsh/etc. sounds like your getting closer to the sound of real music which has a lot of energy. You may be on the right track and just need to fine tune what you are doing. When you say you put sand bags under your player do you mean that the bottom of your player was resting on the top of the bags and the bags resting on the shelf of your rack? If so, try putting the sand bags on the shelf of your rack then cone (Black Diamond cones works well) your component to the rack of your shelf and then damp the top of your component with your sand bags to the type of voicing you prefer. I have found that #9 lead shot is more effective for damping shelves and compnents then sand, but is also more expensive. Good luck!
I tried the innertube today, and had very good results! Instead of sandbags i had 3 heavy books stacked on the top of my cdp.