Salk HT3 vs VAS VR4jr

both very close in cost,bang for the buck,winner takes all!!!!!!
2bigears
Take your time setting the jrs,I found proper spacing made a big differenc in imaging and the ability of the speakers to disappear. Good Luck Larry
stereodad,i was reading 3 or 4 feet from back wall and 3 feet in on sides.were you running ss amp or tube.i am hoping the tube amp will play the bass right.thks Pat
Rja -

Frank Van Alstine now has a pair of HT3's set up in the Minneapolis area (Woodbury) and says he welcomes auditions. Give him a call.

Over on audiocircle.com, he has a thread in his "Audio by Van Alstine" manufacturer's circle that talks about his search for a new speaker system (topic: Looking for a great loudspeaker system).

- Jim
I don't think the Vac 30/30 would be great on an 85db speaker such as the Salk.
A good buddy owns two pair of VR4jr's, so I'm familiar with the sound. This past Sunday, we spent four hours with Jim Salk listening to a pair of HT-3's and talking about audio. I can report that HT-3's are made with top-flight drivers and crossovers, and they look beautiful and sound exquisite. IMHO, these speakers are in a much higher league than 4jr's, e,g., more comparable to Vandie 5A's in performance and way better looking than Vandie's, too. The price-to-value ratio is off the scale. I understand that Jim Salk is a musician and recording engineer, so he has a lifetime of audio experience. My impression is that these speakers are a labor of love for Jim, who seems to be a real mensch in the camp of the straight-shooters. My buddy and I both want to buy a pair of HT-3's before Jim raises the prices so he can make a living. Note: I have no affiliation with Salk Sound.