Salamander Video Racks

I am looking at a few of the Salamander video racks (Archetype, TV40 and others) but have read a few negative reviews on other Salamander products. Anyone have any experience with Salamander?
clme1974504e
I have a Twin 40 rack in Walnut with black posts, walnut sides and mesh doors. I have a 300lb TV sitting on it and about 100lbs of equipment in the rack. It's very solid and made from very good materials, but it is a PITA to assemble (the directions are horrible and the shelves are difficult to adjust and get level). I also have a Archetype 5 rack, also very good quality, easier to assemble, hard to adjust shelves.

There are very few stands and racks out there that look good and can support 300lbs on top. Salamader lit claims 250 for top and bottom shelves, but I called them and their engineer told me that 300lbs is OK for the top and bottom shelf of a any Twin rack (except the new style with the center channel shelf b/c it's missing the front center support. He recommended only 200lb on that setup).
I have a Salamander Designs Synergy Triple 20 as a stand for my Samsung DLP TV, and soon to hold my a/v equipment as well. So far, I like it very much - no problems, was fairly easy to assemble, and it looks great in the cherry/black finish.

Bruce
I just purchased a SVDO cabinet and am very impressed with design, build and flexability. The only way to go short of custom built.