Showing 7 responses by invictus005

SME V uses state of the art ABEC 7 bearings. 

Prices of the new SAEC are not because that's what it takes to build it today, it's because vinyl made a comeback and they think they can make some quick money.

SME V should destroy them in every imaginable way.
@rauliruegas I would be absolutely shocked if you can provide evidence that SME V at some point had a knife edge bearing. This is completely false. But I'll eat my words if proven true.
All in all honesty guys, all of these old Technics, Denons, EMTs, etc. are clunkers. Some of you are very passionate about them and that inspired me to try a few for myself. They’re just barely okay. Modern turntables such as Michell and SME and many others are significantly better.
@chakster If Fox Moulder wasn't able to find the truth, then what chance do we have?
@lewm What can I say, I’m an SME fanboy. But I won’t apologize. They make incredibly competent products.

Since 2000, I probably listened to, set up, had access to, or owned close to 100 turntables. Most recently I’ve owned the brand new Technics SL1200G. I don’t have anything against direct drive, but very often the belt driven turntables are better.

If I had to pick my favorite direct drive, it would be either the Goldmund Studio, or Studietto.
Who cares about any version of SP10 and all those ridiculous plinths? There are many better current turntables on the market, with proper plinths. If anyone wants to experience that Technics sound, there's a 1200G available all day any day. And it doesn't require some lumberyard plinth. It comes with its own heavy aluminum dampened plinth! All of these SP10s should be put out of their misery.