Running a sub in 2 channel with dhc80.2

Hey there,

I am curious if it is possible to run a powered sub in 2 channel with an integra DHC 80.2? I cant seem to get it working. I know you can with onkyo receivers but it doesnt seem possible with this integra processor. Thanks for any help you can give.
stevesimon
There are several popular and active 80.2 forums on the Internet - I would google them and post your question. Another option would be to call the manufacturer of your sub and also integra Tech support.

I have an 80.2 as well as a dedicated 2-channel system and run the sub from my preamp, which also has a cinema direct setting so that I get 5 channels plus sub for movies as well.
There should be a way to solve your problem - I have a hard time believing it will work with Onkyo but not Integra..

Good luck.
In the speaker setup menu, if your fronts are set to full range, with stereo mode you may not get the subwoofer to play unless you selected "double bass"(I think that is what Onkyo calls it).

Bill
Sorry for the late reply once again. Bill, you were right, once I turned the mains to 40 htz cut off my sub plays. I guess I should have tried this before but with my old onkyo I could have it set to full range and still have the sub play. I really appreciate all your help guys as this was driving me crazy. Thanks again

Steve