Rtr speakers

For the past 30 plus years, I have enjoyed listening to my music through a set of Fulton J speaker system. Currently one of the input transformers on the electrostatic rtr-6 stopped working. I have been searching for a replacement or someone that can possibly rewind the unit. I would appreciate any inputs or help on this issue.

thanks

musicalaviator

@musicalaviator: I would contact the JansZen Electrostatic Company. Though they did not make the RTR ESL tweeter (a great one, used not only in the Fulton Model J---a pair of which I bought new in 1974---but also the Wilson Audio WAMM and the ESS Transtatic I, the latter of which I currently own), but they have a very long history with building ESL loudspeakers, and can probably advise you on the availability of a suitable transformer.

Glad to here you are familiar with FMI, I purchased mine from the original owner in 86, still sound pretty good. I’ll reach out Janszen, hopefully they can help.

Hello this is Tom Moore, I’m probably one of the last Fulton enthusiasts alive with 3 pairs of Fulton Js, two pairs of Premieres, 80s, 100s, and Nuances. I personally worked with Fulton a lot and know a vast deal about all his equipment. I have a ton of parts and I could get you replacement parts for the electrostat or anything else you may need. I was just looking up current prices for Js and saw this post on search results. I haven’t used this forum much, so hopefully I can share outside contact information, so send me an email at: tmooreanalytic@att.net

Tom

We had a Fulton dealer in San Diego who was devoted to J Gordon Holt's reviews in Sterephile.  So when Gordon praised Fulton speakers they began featuring a J system.  Everything Fulton added, from the Gold speaker wire to the preamp were added to the demo system.  It truly was musical.

There should be a number of RTR panels still around, even if requiring some effort to locate.  In addition to those already mentioned, they were used in both a 6 and 12 panel add on tweeter box.  There were sold by themselves and as an upper portion of a RTR floor standing model.  Infinity used them in a couple of models before developing their own EMIT units.  There may have been others, I don't recall.