Rowland 8ti or Krell FPB600c

Own Rowland, but looking for upgrade. Any suggestions please.
128x128himiguel

Showing 1 response by r32446

If you can get the 8Ti upgraded to the 8Ti/HC, it is worththe upgrade. Not only does it sound better, it has a lot more power and head room. It blows away the Krell, the only thing is that it takes a while to fully burn in. I just recently purchased one after having no sound for a while which drove me buggy, but now that I have one, my goodness it sounds better every day. The new 8Ti/HC has as much power as the original 9Ti and may even sound a little better then the older 9Ti since Jeff Rowland made some enhancements to the new 8Ti/HC. The latest 9Ti/HC now is another ball game since it doubled the transister count and power from the original 9Ti. One day I will get the 9Ti/HC or a new switch mode power supply (SMPS) for the 8Ti/HC if Jeff comes out with one. This new SMPS should add more resolution, and speed as well as added punch to the existing 8Ti/HC, I can't wait!!!. This is an amp you don't want to sell once you mate it with a Coherance Series II preamp which I also just recently purchased. I don't think this combo can be beat.