Rotel RSX-1058 Won't Respond to Remote Commands

Have any forum members experienced a situation where your Rotel receiver suddenly stopped responding to remote commands?  I haven't made any changes to my system, set-up or remote (I use a Logitech Harmony One) but my receiver is unresponsive to any and all remote commands.  I haven't been able to find the OEM remote to perform a test but it seems more likely to be a problem with the receiver; it worked perfectly one minute than it just suddenly stopped responding.  Any info on similar experiences is appreciated.
hiatus73

Showing 1 response by hiatus73

Thanks to everyone for the prompt responses, it's much appreciated and I didn't honestly expect to receive any advice!

I guess I ruled out a malfunctioning remote as a possibility and was hoping for good news on a simple fix for the receiver.  Here are the steps I took to troubleshoot before posting to the forum:

As soon as my Rotel stopped responding I powered it down using the main switch on the back, unplugged the power cord and waited 10 minutes per our local Rotel dealer.  No dice, still nothing. 

I then launched the Logitech software on my Mac, deleted the Rotel A/V receiver from the Harmony One list of devices, plugged the remote in to my Mac w/USB, updated the remote and confirmed the device had been deleted from the remote.

Next, I added a new device to the remote (Rotel RSX-1058, obviously), plugged it back in and updated it using the Logitech software.  Still no luck.

My Harmony One still works flawlessly with my Rotel RDV-1092, Comcast/Motorola cable box, Samsung Smart TV, XBOX One and my iMac.

Makes me think it's not the remote though I wish it were, it's a much easier fix and won't leave me without a receiver should i need to send it out for repairs.

Signed,
  "Receiver-less for 2 months while my Rotel is sent in for $500 in repairs"