Rose RS250 Streamer/Dac?

Hi--have any of you had any experience with the new Rose RS250 Streamer/Dac? Looks cool, but how does it sound?
dprazze

Showing 1 response by thegm

I am a proud owner of a HiFi Rose RS250 Streamer/DAC.

I auditioned the RS150 first. Quite a wonderful experience, both in strict audio quality terms and a surfeit of features (many I've never seen on any device before).

Quite a pricey device, so I thought I would return it and try the RS250, roughly half the cost. Bottom line, I kept the RS250 and sold my previous streamer and separate DAC. Audio quality, for me at least, was virtually indistinguishable from the RS150. And no, it doesn't have a single Balanced input/output. But neither do I on my current tube amp. All the same features, except for the aforementioned Balanced, also no ARC HDMI input or AES. The RS250 is a certified Roon Ready component and has MQA. It was immediately recognized by my ROCK server as a Roon endpoint. I continue to be amazed at the quality of sound and abundance of features. And everything works together very well. This unit has a real remote AND a full-function Apple App.