Rose Hifi Network Streamer RS150

Anyone heard this streamer in person? There is a Youtuber (Jay @ NBTS) who reviewed it and was gushing about it. Unfortunately, the review was pretty useless since it neither talks in detail about the sound quality, nor does he attempt to compare it to other streamers in a similar price range -- Aurender, Lumin, Sonore, Simaudio MIND2, etc. 

The presentation, build quality, user interface, and the features look very impressive, but no clue on how it sounds. I also like the DAC chip (AK4499EQ) they're using. This can be a great streamer if you combine 2 channel and movies/TV in the same setup. Of course, the usual caveats regarding reliability, servicing options (in US), and product support apply here as well. I would love to hear from someone who has heard it and is able to compare it to similarly priced streamers.
128x128arafiq

Showing 5 responses by mbolek

@rj20five good to hear a your thoughts on the newer ESS version.

@raysmtb1  I believe you have the original model with the AK chipset.

Curious to know if there is a performance difference?

I had the RS250 for a short time. I sent it back to due to wifi issues.  Really tempted to give the 150 a try.

I'm sure If some asked me to take a bet and try to tell the difference between these two versions.....I would lose.

I continually try telling myself that I could.   Sorry for asking.   I'm sure Rose has implemented the ESS to sound as good as the AK.

Was able to purchase a 150B. Should have it by the end of the week.

Nice video from the Tampa show...

I just picked up the 150B.   I love it.  Built like a tank and sounds fantastic.   Love the large screen, VU meters, etc....

Roon/Qobuz for music.   Have it hooked up to the LG OLED (HDMI) and seem to notice even better sound/vocals from YouTube TV....

I'm currently using the Mini GaN 5 and will look to try some other GaN options.   Been in the Class D camp for the last 10 years (UcD, nCore, Purifi).

@farne230 I think you will really like the 150.   What amp/speakers are you using?

I have had mine for about a year and it's the best front end streamer/DAC that I've had to date.  Been through Evo 150, M33, Teac NT-505, NAD C658...it goes on

It is amazing how well Radio Paradise sounds running through RoseRadio.  I pretty much have this on all day.  Very enjoyable.