Room with glass windows as a walls.

My daughter moved from first floor townhouse apartment to 42nd floor skyscraper apartment and fifty percent of her apartment walls are actually glass windows from floor to ceiling now.

I helped her with setting up her system at old place and the sound was pretty decent however new apartment acoustic wise is total disaster.
 Of course I did put her system together at new place but sound is terrible. She actually understands all my explanations about acoustic issues at new place, but she doesn’t take it seriously. My daughter  actually listens to a lot of music, sometimes for hours however I wouldn’t call her audiophile, probably just a serious music lover and I understand that she will have listening fatigue pretty soon at her new place.  

Acoustic treatment probably would be limited or refused due to esthetic and design incompatibility. Has anyone experienced setting up a system in such conditions, any advice? 

surfmuz

If she can afford to live in an apartment on the 43 floor .God Bless Her.. li

I’ve had my main stereo system set up in front of a large expanse of glass for 25 years. Always was advised to put curtains on the windows to tame the reflections, but I like to enjoy the view while listening.  What has really helped is to creatively find ways to listen in the near field with the speakers pulled out a bit from the glass. Took some trial and error.  Not perfect but sounds terrific.  And my adult sons absolutely don’t listen to my decorating or setup advice!

surfmuz

IIRC, they were from 3-Day Blinds.  Just measure and they make them to size.  Look for them on the web.

Hi surfmuz ...

Another vote for the Marigo Tuning Dots mentioned above, relatively unobtrusive and seriously effective.  Contact Ron of Marigo with your concerns.  Best.

More Peace, Pin       (bold print for old eyes)