Room for discussion?

I might move the stereo to a new room. Are these good dimensions, sonically?

XXXXXXXXXXXX<----WINDOW AREA-- ~75”…XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX }­………………………………....................................................XXXXXX
XXXX…} 24 ½”………………………….................................................... XXXXX
|||XX……}¯……………… WIDTH HERE ~ 125 “ .…………………. ………XXX
D………………………………............................................................................... .X
O………………………………............................................................................... .X
O………………………………............................................................................... .X
R………………………………............................................................................... .X
W………………………………................................................................................X
A………………. >>……………………………... X
Y………………………………............................................................................... .X
|||………………………………............................................................................... ..X
X……………………………….................................................................................X
X……………………………….................................................................................X
X………………………………......./\………………………………........................X
X………………………………....... |…………………………….............................X
X………………………………....... |…………………………….............................X X…….……………….…….......LENGTH ~ 210 “……………………………........X
X………………………………....... |…………………………….............................X
X………………………………....... |…………………………….............................X X……………………………….......V………………………………........................X
X………………………………..................................................................................X
X………………………………..................................................................................X
X…… XXXX XX…...... ….. WIDTH HERE = 155” .....….............….XXXXXXXX
mdhoover

Showing 1 response by tommy583

This is a great question. My room is almost the same dimensions.

Right now I have the speakers on the long wall. The speakers are six feet apart from the center of the tweeters and my ear is around 7.5 feet from each speaker. The rear of the speakers are 28" from the front wall. Very little toe in. I'm sitting against the rear wall. My ears are about 8" from the rear wall.

I still feel I'm sitting to close to the speakers this way. I was thinking of trying the speakers on the short wall. But then i'm not sure the room is wide enough that way.