Rock? money down the drain?

I have seen posts where people describe their systems and ask for upgrade advise and their systems cost $5000 and up and their primary music is rock. here is a question for everyone. is it worth spending $10,000 on a rock system or do think there is a cut off point where all rock systems sound the same?
mboldda1269a

Showing 1 response by john1in211c0

Excuuuuse me, I thought we were supposed to be listening to classical music. I didn't get the memo about rock music being "viable" on our systems. I agree with cwlondon above, that's a great post. I have found some great sounding rock CD's as follows (although you may not believe that that some qualify as "rock": Rush- Moving pictures Van Morrison - Moondance Iron Maiden- The Number of the Beast. (no, its not satanic) Iron Maiden- Piece of Mind (same) Tool- Undertow Tool- Anima Metallica- Justice for All. Hole - Live Through This Hole- Celiberity skin. Soul Coughing- (any) Dire Straits- Love Over Gold. Candlebox- Candlebox (1st album only!) Godsmack That's just my personal opinion of good sounding rocking tunes. Enjoy!