RMAF 2009 tips?

Any insider tips for a 1st timer? Need info. regarding lodging options, things to avoid, must see's, etc. Never been to an audio show or had the chance to audition much in the Knoxville, TN area. Still an avid audiophile though, with much thanks to y'all and audiogon. Currently a very satisfied listener and music lover but would love to attend RMAF this year and hear things for myself.

twc

Showing 1 response by reubent

David12,

I agree with Skreich. If you have several extra days and have a car, definately drive up through Boulder to Estes Park and go to Rocky Mountain National Park. October is borderline regarding the weather in the high mountains. You could have spectacular warm and sunny days, or you could have 2 feet of snow (take warm clothing and boots just in case you get caught in a storm). Just pay close attention to the weather and enjoy! There are hundreds/thousands of hotel rooms available in Estes Park as it would be off-season for the tourist trade in October. BTW, when I'm in Estes Park I typically eat (and drink) at Ed's Cantina. Good bar, good food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and a very good local staff. Service and convenience always take me back to Ed's Cantina.

I also agree regarding Colorado Springs. Garden of the Gods is a nice and convenient place to visit. Depending on the weather, you can also drive or take the cog train up to the top of Pikes Peak. At over 14,000 ft it is a very lofty summit. More impressive is the 7400 ft vertical rise from the bottom. Also, being on the eastern edge of the mountain range, it has a spectacular view of the great plains of Eastern Colorado (and beyond!).

Enjoy you trip!

TIC