RIP oregonpapa

Today, oregonpapa (Frank) passed away. He will be greatly missed by many of us on Audiogon. I got to know him about a year ago personally, having had many phone calls with him over that time. He was a delightfully kind man, who freely shared his wisdom with others. Bedsides high end audio, , Frank was very knowlegable about world history and politics. Good bye my friend. Jeff

yoby

Showing 3 responses by audiolover718

I will Miss Frank dearly. He was an amazing person. He introduced me to so much. I will always celebrate our friendship.  He was truly a kind soul and will be missed dearly.  Rest In Peace, Uncle Frank. 

Hello All,

Below is message from Frank’s daughter, as Ive been in contact with her since Frank’s passing. He has a beautiful family that he cared about dearly.  If you were close to Frank, and wanted to honor his memory, please feel free to make a donation to the charity listed below, in honor of his name.  His Family is forever grateful for the friendships forged through this community. Have a safe and joyous holiday. 

The price of love is indeed high. Over the past 12 days Stephanie and I, along with our families, have paid it dearly, with our whole hearts & they are broken with the loss of our dad & papa, Frank. 
We had moments of downs, ups, and downs again as we navigated our way...with our minds focused on his quality of life...hard choices needed to be made and we made them together. We are so grateful for the gift of these 12 days to say what we needed to say, to hug him, and to love on him. Stephanie and I spent his final night with him, a quiet night we will never forget, just the three of us one last time. Morning came, the sun rose & his beloved jazz music played him off on his journey to Heaven, surrounded by his family that he was so very proud of. He will forever be in our hearts...and in time we know that our hearts will heal, but a crack will remain always. What a privilege it has been to be his girls, what a privilege it has been to be loved by him, what a privilege it has been to walk him home one last time.
The price of love is indeed high...but worth every tear and heartache...and through it all, we are grateful.

To those that have asked, and want to do something in our dad's honor, we would love to recognize Senior Concerns, a local non profit that generously supported our dad for several years by providing him with Meals On Wheels, and has supported our family with their amazing services for seniors and their families...what a gift they have been to us. Donations can be made online in his honor at:  https://www.seniorconcerns.org/product/general-donation/
Please include in honor of Frank Pernice, and please have them notify myself or Stephanie so that we can properly acknowlege your gift. 

Papadrgog,

Frank’s family does indeed have the link to this thread.  They are very touched by it and are thrilled that he had such a community here.  This thread has given them much joy to read.