Ring radiator tweeters - the future?

A technology developed by Scanspeak that hasn't penetrated the audiophile market, but Polk started using them - and their fans say it produces better high end within the same price range. A brief froogle reveals JBL offers them as components. Could this technology end the perpetual silk dome vs. titanium dome debate?
128x128dnewhous
With the Frieds, we were using the Ring Radiator, and have recently switched to a new variant of this (at least, in some models) - the Vifa Ring Dome. I have yet to hear it, but the word was it was a smoother, more natural presentation.
Bombaywalla, if you think the Vifa ring tweeter in the Polk Audio's sounds "tizzy" you need your ears checked bro, or perhaps the amplifier and source were not up to par. The LSi's have a very laid back presentation, its the exact opposite of "tizzy"
I always thought that Polk was the best bang for buck on the market. My main reservation with them is that their subs seam to really exagerate the bass - designed to make home movies sound impressive rather than designed for musicality.
Yo Lush,
Maybe you need to have your hearing checked? Perhaps you like "tizzy" sound & call it laid back? Is that also possible? Just because someone doesn't agree w/ your analysis of the Polk speaker sound, doesn't mean he/she needs a hearing check!
It is possible that the amp &/or CDP were not up-to-par in both my auditions. I auditioned them in 2 diff audio stores both times & not in my own system.
However, heard the ring tweeter in one other completely different speaker that exhibited the same sharpness from time-to-time, I'll say that, for me, some of the fault does lie in the ring radiator tweeter. If I can help it, I'd rather not have it in my speaker.
I used to own a 3 way floorstander with a tonegen ribbon tweeter (Heybrook sextets) and those ribbon tweeters were the sweetest treble I ever heard, and neither bulky nor inefficient.