Riggle Vtaf w/Rega P9 & RB1000. Good idea or not?

Greetings fellow vinyl lovers! I am buying a Rega P9 with the RB1000 arm. My cartridge is a Clearaudio Maestro. I would really like to have VTA adjustment capability with this table and have heard very good things about the Riggle Vtaf VTA adjustment wheel. Here is the question. Is it a good idea to install the Vtaf on the P9. Has anyone out there done this and what was your experience? The RB1000 has a 3 point attachment system that is different than the less expensive Rega arms, so I am little wary of installing the Vtaf on the P9. Also, this is an expensive table to mess with and I would not want to effect it in any negative way. By the way, I have about 5,000 records, 3,000 being classical, and I play vinyl most of the time.
Thanks,
Joe
jbcello

Showing 2 responses by rothwea

Jbcello - did you go through with the Pete Riggle VTAF mod on your P9? If so, what was the result? I too am a P9 owner. With thanks
Here's another angle. I have purchased an Audiomods arm for my Rega P9. The Audiomods arm is a re-engineered Rega RB250 with built in VTA, made in England. It's performance is at the very least, the equal to the RB1000. It has vastly improved the sound of my P9 and it has VTA on the fly. Incredible value too.