Ridiculous sale

Somebody is selling a Decware that sells at 2600 $ direct from the manufacturer for 4500 $ citing tha t you can pay that if you want to wait a year. This is a disgrace in Audiogon. Also TMR sales require you to go to their website and look for the product for information. Unfortunately the hobbiest mentality that predominated Audiogon Is being replaced by these dry, unfear actions and styles. What a shame.

alanpiga

If the market is $4500 and sales are happening in a typical orderly fashion between evenly motivated parties, that is called a market. If the market for the amp is $4500, then Decware is leaving money on the table by selling their product below market. I bet the market at that price is not robust. Decware must like knowing that they can sell all they can build which keeps their inventory of parts cost low. If they thought they could immediately ship every one they finish making without worry, they probably would raise their price. The business is not a charity or public service.

Many businesses don't expand, even if given the opportunity. There are costs associated with it, and if their goal is not market share, so be it. Also, as production volume goes up, typically product quality goes down, and obviously people like the quality at the price being offered. 

Supply and demand. I see items that I sold a couple of years ago for $2,000-$2,500 go for $3,500-$4,500... Everything sells as long as someone is ready to pay.

I don't get why the OP and others on this thread have to lump TMR in with the would-be profiteers like the guy trying to sell the Decware.  I say "would-be" because obviously any able-minded buyer is free to ignore an insane offering price.  But why pick on TMR?  IF you can read, you can see the "View Product Details" just below the TMR logo.  Push it and it takes you directly to the product offered, with the same information that we used to see when the listing remained on the Agon site. This puts you into the TMR system if you want to purchase--which I can tell you, is a hell of a lot easier than all the crap we have to go through to buy or sell using the Audiogon system. I speak as a customer only--I'm in no way affiliated with the company. I've bought from TMR for almost as long as they've been around, and am using them to sell a lot of my stuff on consignment nowadays. They are super-thorough in going over my gear before they put it on the market, have lots of questions for me to locate missing accessories or anything else they need to make a piece ready for sale. So I have confidence when I buy from them that I'm dealing with straight shooters.  And as to the whiners who complain that they were only offered $X amount on an outright sale--use the consignment system.  They'll put it on at the price you specify--as long as its reasonable within the current market limits.  OK, I know I sound like a shill, so I'll stop now.  But these guys are some of the most trustworthy I've run into in 40 years in audio, and 22 years on Audiogon.

I guess demand impatience etc... I have a few rolexes that once I stepped out AD were worth 25% at least more... Have a sub hulk cost 8k selling now at 25k... Now that is stupid. Makes me nearly nervous to wear it...

Maybe supply chain issues improve and things return to sensible 

I paid about $3K for a basic sub about 20 years ago that is supposedly with $12K. I don't wear it if I am going into Center City Philly if I am going to be walking outside for any length of time. Sad state of affairs....