Ridiculous assertions that someone is being ripped off or conned

How many times has this scenario played out here? Someone purchases product X, and tries it in their system. They report positive results, that it works as advertised, that they got their money’s worth, that they are happy with the purchase. Then someone, usually having zero experience with the product, replies with something like: “No, you’ve got it all wrong! You’re being ripped off! You’re being conned!

Does anyone else understand how ridiculous and absurd these kinds of assertions are?! The consumer who actually put up their own money and took the time to evaluate the product in their own home/system reports it works as advertised, they are happy with it, that they got their money’s worth. Then someone else claims they were ripped off?!

Imagine an agency investigating consumer fraud getting a complaint like this: “My neighbor is being ripped off!” “No, no, he thinks it’s great, does everything he expected it to. He’s very happy with it, but I just know he’s being conned!” Do you seriously think they’re going to open any kind of investigation into it?

You can disagree with what someone says about the effectiveness of a product all you want, but to say they have been defrauded, when they report the exact opposite, is patently ridiculous.

tommylion

Showing 9 responses by jerryg123

Yet people were calling for a ban of some members here. One in particular from down under.

That's your opinion. Do you have any tolerance or respect for differing ones? Or, like some, do you think it's the only acceptable one, that all others are offensive and must be suppressed/censored/eliminated by constant ridicule, derision, false arguments, accusations and whatever other means are necessary?

@tony1954 ++++111111.

Apples for oranges @tommylion Rocks are rocks and if you think colored stones, stick, twigs, cat pee or tin foil hats make your system sound better then good for you. I do not think any less of you or @millercarbon.

@jerrybj many of us have tried these sticks, stones, generators, gems and as one put it goop. Yes some have had success (?) for me only the goop worked but I did not sing from the mountain top and put it in every post (@millercarbon) . 

Mind you I sent all the sticks, stones, gems, and generators back to Shiceters that sell that crap. 

@artemus_5 enjoyed your rant.

Have a nice day. Hope you feel better.

BTW I did not run to the moderators. Talk about self importance or is that impotent.

Or just post this stuff over there. 

Canuck audio tames it by having a cable and tweak area for threads. Where any counter to the idea that such things are functional (in attempt or in analysis), is not tolerated.

Meaning.. threads where people discuss tweaks, or mods or cables and so on, if a naysayer posts there, and interrupts the discussion, in any way, they get their posts deleted. And...if the given naysayer can’t hold their tongue, after said deletion-ish warnings..... they will, rapidly, via any repeats in behavior, find themselves banned from the forum. They have to grow up, or get lost."

I really like this idea! Maybe I'll start a thread about doing something like this on audiogon forums.