Revopod vs IsoAcoustics Gaia 1's

I presently have my Focal Sopra II’s sitting on Iso Acoutics Gaia 1 speaker isolation feet. I have been trying to do some research on the possibility of replacing the Gaia 1’s with the Revopods. Has anyone on here compared those 2 products to find out which is better? I have been thinking of trying a set of the Revopods which I can get at a 25 percent discount until the end of the year. Even with the discount, the investment would be nothing to sneeze at, plus I am skeptical as to whether or not that investment would be worth it. If anyone has any experience with the 2 different products, good or bad, I would like to hear about it. Or if you think there is a better product out there, please share that also. Thanks

vandy357

Showing 8 responses by vandy357

Thanks Ozzy, I have heard of those and read some really great reviews about them.  I just totally forgot about those, so thanks for reminding me.  As a whole, I have been pretty happy with the Gaia's but thought maybe I can squeeze a little more out of my Sopra's.

@ozzy 

When you set up your Sopra's do you level the base of the speaker or the top?  When I first got mine I leveled the base of the speaker which caused the mid-range driver to be pointed downward, as a result the soundstage sounded like the musicians were sitting down.  I lived with them for a short while like this, then decided to level the tops of the speakers to see if that helped, as a result that did help, so now the sounds comes from someone standing instead of sitting.  I had to make some longer studs to go into the front Gaia's in order to accomplish that.  The only problem with leveling the tops of the speakers is now the base of the speaker it tilted backwards quite a bit, the front of the speaker base is around 5 inches above the floor while the back of it is only around 2.5 inches above the floor.  I never really thought about that until now after looking at the Townshend podiums, the way they are built I don't think I would be able to get the top of the speaker level.  I don't know, maybe I am doing something wrong but the sound is good with them sitting like that.

@ozzy 

That is what I started out with, but in my room it drove me crazy that everyone sounded like they were sitting down, only after tilting them backwards the sound changed to a more realistic sound stage with performers standing.  And yes they were difficult to level by the top, as I said I had to make some longer studs to go into the front footers to accomplish it.  I have seen other demos with them tilted back, if fact that is where I got the idea to do that.  I have never really cared for the way they look tilted back so I may revisit leveling of the base to see what happens, in fact that is the way the guys a Upscale told me to level them when I bought them.  My biggest fear with the Townshends is everyone will sound like they are sitting again and I won't be able to do anything about it using those.  Oh well, I think I am going to tweak to see what I can come up with before I make a decision to either keep what I have or try something different.  Thanks for the advise.

@kennyc

The IsoAcoustics made a big difference in the sound of my Sopra’s over the factory spikes and I have been pretty happy with them, but I know there is probably something better out there. So far the Townshends are at the top of my list just from ozzy’s recommendation, especially since he is using them with the same speaker I have.

Well, I took a leap of faith and went ahead and ordered the Townshend's. Thanks ozzy for the recommendation, I will let you know how they sound when I have a chance.

Thanks @jmfinney I can tell just from the conversations with John from Townshend that they care a great deal about customer service.

Thanks ozzy, I think you were mentioned somewhere in the several messages between John and I.  And hey, by the way I have been working on getting my speakers leveled by the base all day and what do you know, they sound great and no one seems like they are sitting down.  The only 2 things I can chalk that up to when I first got them is poor set up, (my set up skills are modest at best) and the poor electronics I had at the time.  I think once I get the podiums the sound is going to improve a lot more.