Review: Spectral DMA-360 Amplifier

Category: Amplifiers

This was the setup at the Spectral dealership in Columbus Ohio (Progressive Audio). It is in a room by itself (well treated acoustically).

I listen to jazz and progressive jazz (Phish) mostly. I brought several CD's with me but only listened to 3 of them. The first one I played was disc 1 off the Phish "A Live One" album. I listened to that CD for 25 minutes before I realized there might be other people waiting to sit in the chair. I looked back over my shoulder and saw no one... so I kept listening.

My point is that I was immediately sucked into the music. The sound was wonderful... as it should be for a system that retails for well over $100,000. Wonderfully fast and detailed. I have found that Spectral is the best of both worlds (tube and solid state). I have a pair of Cary tube monoblacks but am currently saving up for a more Spectral system.

In case you were wondering, I spent a total of 50 minutes in that room . In addition to Phish I played through several songs by Brad Mehldau and a few by Dan Faehnle.

Everything was perfect!

Associated gear
Spectral DMC-30, Spectral 2000/3000 CD/DAC combo, Avalon Opus speakers, MIT Oracle cables
trthomp

Showing 2 responses by kocsis