Review: Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista SACD CD Player

Category: Digital

I am surprised that there has not been any review of the Tri-Vista yet. I have owned the Tri-Vista for six months, and each day I have found that it sounds rich in musical breadth, transparency, and its soudnstage. I have noticed that when it is first turned on, it takes about 30-45 minutes before the full sound becomes apparent. But once it is warmed up, I cannot say any thing except that I am amazed.

I only listen to classical music, and am amazed how true the brass sounds, regardless of CD or SACD format. In CD playback, I have noticed that the strings sound a little thin, but in SACD playback, I am thorougly impressed with the full "woodiness" of the sound (for lack of a better word). The soundstage is probably most impressive, as you can hear the brass blaring out from behind the strings; the cello is mid-stage right, the bass, far right. It's nearly perfect!

I am currently very content with the Tri-Vista. But let it be known that I have not listened to any other similarly-priced players.
drbond

Showing 1 response by jodus001

I spoke with Signal Path, and they say the transport can usually be repaired for under $200. Worst case, MF will replace the TriVista CDP with a new KW 500 CDP/transport for $900. Yeah, $900 sucks, but you're getting a $5k+ plus player for 9 bills. Not MF's fault - Krell, etc. and everyone else in the same boat, Sony and Philipps quit making transports. Call Signal Path for details. Their service and responses regarding my TriVista 300 have been nothing short of exceptional, great service.