Review: ATI AT-2505 Multichamp

Category: Amplifiers

This amp is truly AWESOME! It can capably drive literally any speaker to truly loud levels. I had them hooked up to my DT speakers in the beginning and all I can say is the detail, texture, depth, clarity and bass slam increased from what I had heard from the same setup only using the Acurus A125 as the amp. The scary thing is that this amp requires a 20A outlet which I do not have so I am only running it off a 15A outlet and I am still sufficiently impressed. After I upgraded to my Dynaudio setup, the difference was even more overwhelming. This amp loafs along at any volume I can tolerate in my apartment and Dyns are not easy speakers to drive. Bottom line is I would certainly recommend this bad boy to anyone looking for a 5 channel amp who craves power!

This amp is a beast when you need to move it. Weighing over 100lbs, you'd better have some friends help you with it or risk a hernia like I risked. Build quality is superb. This amp does require quite a bit of space for ventilation. In comparison to the Acurus, this thing is like a volcano since the Acurus ran as cool as an iceberg. It's not like the ATI will melt anything, it is hot to touch after 3 hours of play from my experience. ATI offers a transferable 7 yr warranty on their amps so it shows that they believe in their product.

Associated gear
Newcastle AVP-9080R Pre/pro
Definitive Tech BP 10B bipolar floorstanders
Definitive Tech BP 2X bipolar surrounds
Mission 77C1 center channel
Dynaudio 122 floorstanders
Dynaudio 122C center
Dynaudio 50 rear surrounds

Similar products
Acurus A125x5
Sherbourn 12/900
fmtien