REVEL performa3 f208 or TEKTON Moab

I have about 5 grand to spend on loudspeakers.  Of these 2, Tekton Moab and Revel performa3 f208, which one would you goners buy? Or any recommendations? I have an old Krell FPB 400CX, Ayre K5xe mp, Wadia 321 Dac, VPI Classic turntable. 
jeffvegas

Showing 4 responses by speedbump6

I don’t understand why some people get so hung up on a certain spec that they somehow deem is the important criteria on which to base a choice. Yes, to some extent, those things matter, but in no way will they tell you the whole story, or what a speaker will sound like to you. Your ears should be the judge. I’ve heard the Revels at one of my local dealers, and they are not even close to the Moabs. I’m sure they sound fine to many people, and more so if you have never heard the Tektons.  
Mission, it’s amazing how the same haters always trip over their own feet to post whenever tektons are mentioned. People try to give their honest opinions on products they have owned when the question was specifically asked. Vegas, are you saying you’re a fanboy? Lol. You did say some good things about them. 
Jeff, just saw your post about tube amps with the tektons. I have not heard that comment before, and I have never tried a tube power amp with them myself. I believe millercarbon uses tube amps ( I could be wrong), and he feels his sound fantastic, as do some other members on here who have visited and heard his setup. Not sure why you experienced that,  but I don’t believe that’s a good generalization of tube amps and tektons. 
So far when I have demoed inetgrated tube amps, I was disappointed. I did find the hybrid Mac MA352 to be very good,  it that is a tube preamp and a ss amp.