REVEL performa3 f208 or TEKTON Moab

I have about 5 grand to spend on loudspeakers.  Of these 2, Tekton Moab and Revel performa3 f208, which one would you goners buy? Or any recommendations? I have an old Krell FPB 400CX, Ayre K5xe mp, Wadia 321 Dac, VPI Classic turntable. 
jeffvegas

Showing 1 response by jaymark

I have the Revel F208s.  They have been modded significantly.  The have been driven by Parasound JC1 monoblocks and Canary 140 wpc monoblock tube amps.  Prior to breakin the tube amplifier did not spank them and make them sing like the parasound monoblocks. No, after breakin the Revels sound great with the tube monoblocks in triode mode - about 90 wpc.  They play very loud but I agree they are not overly dynamic headbanger speakers.

I thought long and hard about the Tekton speakers. Kinda got scared off by their allegedly cheap drivers and one of my audiophile buddies heard them and did not like them.  Nevertheless, I am still fascinated by them though have never heard them.

The F208 Revel is a fine speaker for sure that is going to be harder to drive with low power amps.