Reproduction Audio Research cabinets

Hi, Gang,

I’m getting pricing on having a batch of 25 cabinets made, the original PN is WC-4 and these would be for older Audio Research products, like SP-8, D-120, etc. I’m using my cabinets as models, so dimensionally these will be perfect. The 2 changes I’m including are migrating from veneered plywood to solid walnut, and the front angles bezel will be walnut rather than poplar. The solid wood choice is easy, there is no chance of any nicks on corners or any splitting on the back. Similarly, a harder ’nose’ will be more resistant to handling dings. Has anyone seen reproductions offered before; and is there any interest for these? Thanks for your attention.

Cheers,
Frank
vinyl_kid
I meant this as a simple question to see if anyone was interested - I'm kinda surprised there is no feedback. Am I asking a rude or bad question?
You’re not rude and it’s a fair question.

There are some people already doing this, such as this guy and this guy. Maybe that is why you did not get a response here, although perhaps what you’re contemplating is a little more refined.

Most of my equipment is in a nice 5-foot wood rack, but my ARC tube preamp sits on top for convenience and ventilation. I’ve often thought of getting a nice wood cabinet for it, but just never got around to it.

Good luck with your project.
Hi, Cleeds,  

Thanks for the reply!
     I've done business with http://www.mcintoshcabinets.com/, his workmanship is very good but he does not make copies of the original cabinet, which is what I'm looking to do. Nice Racks seems to make high quality cases as well, but again, not trying to have the cooling slots or beveled nose. I've already talked with ARC and they don't have a problem with faithful reproductions being made, which is good to know! 

Maybe I just didn't explain what I'm trying too very well, won't the first time...

Cheers,
Frank
If you are on Facebook then you should join the "Fans of Audio Research" group and post there to find out if anyone has interest in your high quality cabinets. Seems like the best place to go. 

Cheers!