Replacing Forests???

OK, I am looking for some friendly advice. After going through 3 pairs of Forests in a 6 month period, my dealer is allowing me to trade them back in for full value towards another speaker set-up. I am a HUGE fan of the Totem sound, and have never had problems with Totem before these Forests.

I have owned the Tabus and Arros with great results. Moving to a larger space forced me to move away from the Arros and up the Totem line. I had longed for the Forests for a long time, but the problems I've had with these in the short history of owning them has me throwing in the towel with them!

This is a 2-channel music/HT set-up powered by a Simaudio i-5. I am thinking of going with one of the following 2 options:

Totem Sttaf with 2 Dreamcatcher subwoofers

(or)

Totem Hawks

Although I think I am more partial to the Sttaf sound, as I have never been 'wowed' with the Hawks on the gear I've listened to them on (Naim/NAD - both bad; Ayre - pretty decent, small hotel room set-up), I would love to hear people's opinions.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
jh2os
Sonus Faber Domus Piano and further up the line is VERY nice speakers. I demo'd them against VS VR4-JR, Dali 400, Spendor S8e, Vandersteen 3a sigs, ELAC, Legacy
The Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home were a contender for me back in the day. I did enjoy their sound. I also listened to the Dali MS5's recently which were brilliant, but in a whole other price class. Quite possibly, I simply may need to start back at square one? Walkman might be right about something more sensitive and easier to drive???

I went over to Tweeter (i know) the other night, because they had the Sonus before. They stopped carrying them, but they did have the JMLab Profile there paired with a Krell SACD standard and kav400xi. I was surprised to see gear of that caliber in a Tweeter? They also had ML's (but those have never been my flavor). I listened breifly to the Krell/Profile system and it sounded pretty sweet. Hard to get a good demo in a Tweeter though, with all those bigscreens mumbling in the background. Plus, I knew more about the pieces than the salesman did. Go figure! ;)
So, Jh2os, whaddya gonna do now? You sold your Sim stuff...the playing field is wide open. Good luck!

- walkman
Thanks walkman! Not sure exactly what I am going to do (a lot of different options running through my head), but I'll figure it out, and hopefully quickly. ;)
Jh2os: I feel and share your pain man, sincerely!!!!! I will take a shot at your problem, may be right, may be wrong. As I have owned Cairn Fog, Arros and tested Prima Luna 1 for a week end, here is what I think: is it possible that you are missing the combination of an extra clean source passing information to a tube amp providing immediacy and midrange transparency to a neutral holographic speaker like few others?

May I suggest you pose for a second and reevaluate your choices and options? Ever since I sold Arros because of the popping woofer issue, I have been happy but never 100% content until I listened to Avalon speakers. Partnered with a tube amp with balls, they made me forget about Arros. $ for $, I would try (I know, there is no such thing as money back on used gear!):
- VTL IT85 tube magic yet no mellow.
- Avalon Symbol FL as you are a FL kind of guy. If they resolve like my Studio Pro and disappear even only 70% as good as the SP, you are in business! same feeling as before just better, deeper larger image and probably better resolution. 85w is more than enough to drive Symbols and you would be back to tube/holographic speakers. I have lost track of your source but stay away from the darker sources like Simaudio Equinox or the tube output ones, I find them boring after a while. Fianlly, if you want to add a HT component, there are different options with Avalon for center (symbol or LCR monitor).

A tube - Arros lover ought to stay tube-holographic system!!!!!

My 2 cents.