Replacing a MAC Mini with new one...

I have been using a MAC Mini dedicated to my audio system. I run it into a Bryston DAC-1 via the Audiophilleo 2 with Pure Power. I am happy with this setup however need to replace the MAC Mini. I am looking for advice on which Mini to purchase and on how I should have it configured. Thanks in advance.

mesch

Showing 1 response by gocubs999

I have a 2010 headless Mac Mini and replaced the HDD with an Agility 3 SSD Drive. Since 2010, it is my understanding the HD Drive is located in a position that is much easier to replace...plenty of tutorials for swapping out the drive with SSD. You can save $200-$300 getting a high quality SSD elsewhere rather than ordering your Mac Mini with an SSD from Apple. 8GB of RAM is recommended.

Additionally, I use the OWC 4TB Mercury Elite Pro Dual Drives loaded with SoftRaid to manage the Raid array for playback and back up. When engaged in critical listening, will load albums on Mac Mini SSD and will shut down the two 4TB Drives; then will transfer to Amarra or Audirvana playlist. Current versions of Mac Mini will require a seperate disk drive for downloading future CD's.