Replace Cambridge Audio D500 or add DAC?

I have $1000-$1500 to upgrade my system, and one of the components I'm considering to upgrade is my CD Player. Currently I have a Cambridge Audio D500, Audio Refinement Complete Amp, and Monitor Audio 5i speakers. I'm using Transparent Audio Music Link SuperXL RCA interconnect, Transparent Audio MusicWave speaker cables, and stock power cords. I'm looking for a little more detail, more airy sound, and better seperation/distinction between instruments. I'm wondering whether adding an upgraded power cord and the Cambridge Audio S700 DAC would give me these qualities, and would it give me approximately the same sound quality as a $1000-$1500 CD Player.

Thanks,
Gil
poor_airman

Showing 2 responses by natalie

With 1500 to spend get away from Cambridge.Nice but not really a high end product.
The AudioNote 1.2 Dac is a great choice for around 1200.00 Get it assembeled.From Mike Kerster at Audio Note North America
The same Money spent on a good DAC will do REDBOOK way better than the Sony will ever dream of.If you want SACD DVD at the expense of REDBOOK then go for it.If its a REDBOOK player your after stear clear of the SONY even with MODS.