REL S510 or S812

Hello all

Im buying a new sub. Ive narrowed my search down to REL. My budget is enough for a new S510 or used S812. My system is dual purpose so Sub has to be good at HT and 2 channel. Thats why ive landed on REL. Im not a fan of buying used because of warranty consideration mainly, but if the 812 is  considerably better than the 510 I would consider.  Does anyone have first hand experience with these subs?  

sandrodg73

I have both Rel subs but if I were you knowing you want both HT and 2 channel I would look at the newly released Perlisten line ...if not mistaken the 10 inch is 3k and will or should do what your wanting

Thanks all

Not alot of love for REL out there huh?

All the youtubers seem to love them but i trust guys on here more. Im thinkin maybe a little more research is in order. 

With subs, bigger is almost always better than smaller if for no other reason than the cone doesn’t need to travel as far resulting in less distortion. It’s much easier to overload a 10” sub than it is a 12” sub and even if you only need  a larger sub five percent of the time, then that will be five percent of the time you won’t be disappointed if you have the larger sub.

I to am a REL owner along with Rythmik and SVS and I agree with Hilde45 that Rythmik as well as SVS are a better deal. Though I will admit that REL has excellent customer service.

Audiorusty,

Does your Rythmik preform as well for music as your REL?

Which units do you have?  I do have a REL HT 1205 that I plan to use along with whatever other sub I buy to enhance just the LFE. 

Audiorusty,

Does your Rythmik preform as well for music as your REL?

Which units do you have?  I do have a REL HT 1205 that I plan to use along with whatever other sub I buy to enhance just the LFE.