Rega RP6 vs Pro Ject 1Xpession Carbon - is there $500 difference

OK looking for some help from someone who hopefully has first hand experience with both these tables....I am getting ready to buy a second table, my choices are the Rega RP6 vs Pro Ject 1Xpession Carbon , both come with speedbox and the Rega is $500 more , is it worth it?

I already know its a better table......I am a chronic researcher before I buy anything and I really cant find a head to head comparison......leave the cartridge out of the comparison, I have several of my own.

Both have a really good price on them right now from separate places so theres no asking the salesman, I have no store locally that has either table in to listen to, and I am afraid the sale is going to go off soon so I have to decide asap.

again , $500 difference?! maybe? No? Yes?.....I have smoke coming out of my ears reading about both, and others, and trying to decide!

The Rega is a little above what I was shooting to spend on a second table (my other is a modified Thorens TD 160 ) but I am willing to go that route if its worth the $500

any help would be greatly appreciated !

bairdz
I guess I should add I understand how hard this is without a true a/b test with the same cartridge mounted, I am more looking for , is the difference worth it based on build quality, tonearms, speedboxs (I am not sure if the Rega speedbox is better than the Pro-Jects S model speedbox?) , etc.

The Pro Ject does come with a Sumiko cartridge but I am not a fan, that will go to my grandsons table as a spare, so actually a little more than $500 difference
I think Regas are brilliant designs and I get that…the RP6 is way cool, HOWEVER…and I’ve mentioned this before…no VTA is a deal killer…shims? Nope…that seems like a both a "bandaid" approach and lacks the adjustment accuracy I think is necessary to get those micro adjustments right. I get that with an installed Rega cart these things work fine (I’ve heard them…they work), but when my local Rega dealer said he could show me how to get the lid to close on a Rega using my current fave cart, I thought, "huh?" I know it’s heresy to Rega’s design philosophy, but I bet if they designed VTA adjustment into those tables (like pretty much every other damn table designer on Earth) they’d sell more of ’em…one to me for sure. Also, I really like the looks of the new Pro-Ject "The Classic"…the arm looks like a Rega! Might have to get me one of those, and they're not too pricey.