Rega Brio R vs. Naim 5i integrateds...

Hi,

I have had much in the way of high-end gear...and am putting together a small system and would like to consider these two integrateds. I've had ARC, CJ, Classe and much more...mainly dipole speakers and Thiels.

So for this 2nd smaller system...I thought I would try one of these British integrateds.....understand PRAT and it seems people talk of that with these two.

If any of you have any experience with either...please share your insight with me..

Thanks
whatjd
'Feed them well and they will reward you' is the best advice to give anyone setting up a system.
I have owned both and find the Naim sound extremely involving and more 'front seat'. The Rega amp I also enjoyed having a different presentation with more laid back sound in MY SYSTEM. Both deserve to be auditioned never the less.
Vmhf,
The new Brio R is a whole different kettle of fish than the older Brio. More...shall we say "brio".
With Naim SBL speakers and CDS player IMO Brio R is better.Flows better,sounds more analogue less digital.
I currently have a Rega Brio-R that I have bought out of curiosity. I used to own a Naim integrated years ago.

The Naim amps are much better. The Rega has a kind of likeable enthusiasm and a fast, almost aggressive sound, but is tonally a bit dull and unrefined. The Naim is a much more balanced, refined sound (by comparison). I would not hesitate to choose the Naim out of those two.

But you should also try to hear the Exposure 3010 s2, which is better than both.
I like these 2 brands as well;
I would choose the REGA if computer audio is a consideration. The new Saturn-R spinner has a DAC for this specific use.

Otherwise, I choose NAIM. The best red-book cd player that I have heard to date. The integrated amps are not bad either- and I am not an integrated guy!

Keep me posted & happy listening!