Refinish speaker in different color

I don't know if anyone has tried this but I have a pair of speakers in black ash but would like to have a different finish on it, preferably cherry or light maple.

I got them for a very good price and since they are in black ash, I guess nobody wanted them.

Can this be done?
andy2

Showing 1 response by ellery911

If you got them for a very good price, then maybe it would just be better to sell them and buy the ones you want. I've used plenty of paint stripper when painting my house and let me tell you...if I never see it again it will be too soon...I think that to get the results you want, you will have to put more time and $ into the supplies than it is really worth...and then...what happens if you aren't satisfied with the result? Are you gonna re-do it or possibly kick yourself in the a** for the time and money wasted.

Take the easy route...sell em

just my 2c

Ellery

p.s. remember...I dont know what kind of speakers these are...if they are $20,000 speakers and you got them for a steal refinishing becomes a more viable option vs my $1200 B&W CDM1nt's...so I'm just looking at mine (they are black too) and judging off that...but I liked black anyways. to each his own huh?