Reference 3a - old brochure + Reference 2008

I have just bought a pair of Reference 3a speakers, called Reference 2008 and it is accompanied by a brochure, giving details of 7 models current at about mid nineties. If you would like me to share the information I am happy to do so. Speakers listed are MC, Studio, Aura, Andante, Crystal, Baccarat, Ref 2008. These Reference 2008 are out of this world for clarity, musicality and so far I am extremely impressed. I have listened to some high end speakers (B&W 801, 802, Proac's etc.) and from my limited perspective so far Reference 3a stands in another league altogether. I believe these were expensive (using 2 Equiphase planar speakers, very fancy ribbons?? and some nice drivers plus a super tweeter). I would like more information on them.
Thanks, Jaap
jaapjess

Showing 1 response by templetech

Hi, I just bought a pair of Reference 3a serie master v1 and to my dismay they have been modified. Some one changed the caps and resistors on the tweeter. I need to take them back to stock. Does anyone here know what value the caps and resistors on the tweeter are? If not does anyone know someone with a pair of these who could check their pair and answer me. The components in question are just inside the speaker terminal on the back.