Ref75se

I have been shopping for a ref75se or ref150se for awhile and have noticed either they get sold pretty quickly, or are on the market for awhile.

I have been in snooze you lose situations, but am hesitant to pull the trigger on one because of it being unsold for quite some time.

Just would like to know from the experience here on the forum what you all think.

128x128skids

OP a “ shop “ system ? Nice preamp…i have one in my reference system..solid state in the shop.

And yes the 75se is an absolute sweetheart of am amp and with Forte…plenty of power….

Yes my system is in my shop. It's the wifey thing. She finds my system is annoying. Prefers quiet time. That's OK though. I have more square footage in shop area than my house, so it is actually a win-win.

OP,  I’ve also had my eyes on Ref75SE for years. I buy, use, sell many items. My opinion is the Ref75SE in Black sells almost as soon as it arrives on the selling block. Silver seems to linger and my opinion is that the right price is $5K give or take 5-10% less or equal to 5K. AR holds its value very well. There is a black one in Canada for sale now. 

Question is for me: 

Does an original 75SE mean more to a buyer than a Factory Upgraded 75 to 75SE? 

@skids You are probably aware of it but happen to notice there is a 75se on sale for 2 days now on US audiomart.

@jetter,

Yes I saw that one yesterday morning, right before I had to leave for work.

Well, it so happens I was late for work. Reason why? Well, I will soon be a ref75se owner!  Oh the anticipation of it all! Talked to the gentleman and worked out a deal.

I wanted to hold out for a black one but just didn't feel like waiting any longer.

Sincere thanks to all who chimed in. I will report back and give my impressions. It appears this really is a wonderful amp.I know I will need to adjust to the overall sound off my system , which I bet will be pretty dramatic.