recording to Reel to Reel from McIntosh 5300 integrated amp

How would I accomplish this? 

If I'm playing source music (which is either from LP, radio, streaming, etc.) from the amp directly to the Reel to Reel for recording on tape, do I connect RCA cables from the pre-amp's "PREAMP OUTPUT" to the RCA recording inputs on the tape deck?

Apologies if this is basic; never done it and I'm confused because the only plausible "output" from the amp is the "PREAMP OUTPUT" which is confusingly located below the word "INPUTS" on the back of the unit. 

Thanks. 
tylermaine
Are you saying just by pass the pre-amp entirely? I see streamers like the McIntosh that have balanced outputs & RCA outputs, which would certainly solve the original issue in terms of outputs if it connected directly to the tape deck.

But if not bypassing the amp, then I don't perceive a major advantage. I'd still have the amp output issue. Also the existing amp already has a DAC in it and streamed music sounds great, sometimes it registers at 192kHz on the amp. 
You seem to need the amp to act as a DAC.  
Not gonna happen.
It’s a Mac.
but I think there's a DAC in the amp. I read that from Mac. Maybe I misunderstand your note. anyway, thank you.  
All you need is wires with connectors to connect the things you want connected. Sorry but it really is that simple.