Record-playing Rituals?

I'm curious what everybody's riuals are when listening to albums. How often do you clean the records? Every Time? How often do you clean and lubricate the stylus? Every time?

David
deshapiro
I don't take the time to clean the records every time I play them. A visual check and listen asap to it. Than I take a joint and enjoy the pleasure of fine music and sound. Vinyl is still fun...and top notch sound
clean with disc doctor fluid and brushes and my own manual method, clean lps go into mfsl sleeve's, when they come out for playing zerodust, audioquest brush, and ah sit back and rock and roll,
Hellu, I spread each recod I want play with wod glue mix with water and let dry in aer before peal off and take all dirt and particelles with it. Now you recod are play FINE ;-) It take time but for listen to recod you need only TEN minute tos do gluw and finish before lisen. I have very expense tt and get benefit from use this evertime.
I started getting serious in listening to vinyl 2 years ago when I bought a used LP12 and set it up myself.

Almost every evening I would turn-on my Phono preamp and let it warm-up for 2 hours. While waiting I'd get myself a glass of red wine. Take a sip here and there, dimmed the lights in the listening room. Then I would pick & clean a jazz record (like Spyro Gyra's "Catching the Sun" or Earl Klugh's "Marvin & Tige" album) manually. Sit down dead center of my ML ascents about 8 feet away (near field). Then just relax and enjoy the PRAT of the music.
I listen at least 2 hours a day after a long hard day from work after dinner. You have to do this getting up from your chair and back every 20 minutes.