recommend a good computer and digital camera?

What do people here use for computers and digital cameras? I need to upgrade for surfing the audio sites and put up photos for my audio gear, of course.
I heard Gateway has quality problems and Dell nickel and dimes you on options. So I was looking at Hewlett-Packard. Is Compaq any good? Any other good brands?
I've been using the throwaway Kodaks on vacations and as much as I hate to get on the camera upgrade bandwagon, blurry photos with NO depth of field is getting too annoying.
For cameras, I've always liked Nikon. J&R sells the 4 mega pixel Coolpix 4300 for $399.99. It takes 8 good pic's or 293 low res pic's. 3x optical zoom sounds useful. Any thoughts on better brands?
Thanks.
And please, only nice people need respond. (sorry, I couldn't resist).
cdc

Showing 3 responses by vinamese20005f86

Gunbei,

"Not to judge PC users in genenral, but if one were new to computers and read this thread, he or she might conclude..."

"Mac people = fun, creative and helpful"

"PC people = snobby, superior, grumpy, jealous, stiff and repressed."

- You'd "JUDGED" us (Mac and PC people)!!!

"That's cool and all, but what does this have to with taking, editing and posting pictures on the web? "
- ...You'd said it yourself!!!
Gunbei,

Dude, my posts was for fun... LOL

"BTW, I still don't understand what point you're trying to articulate, but you're emotions are coming in loud and clear."

You see! When you "LOL", I "LOL". When you're not, I'm not. Tell me if I'm not a good sport (I'm goofing around here). LOL.

BTW, I hate massage; it's like hiring somebody to torture my body. LOL.

Damn, my SUN WKS is so slow ... ;-)
Gunbei,

"Huh? I don't understand."

You’re right. You don't understand!!! Up there you said:

""Not to judge PC users in genenral", but if one were new to computers and read this thread, he or she might conclude..."

"PC people = snobby, superior, grumpy, jealous, stiff and repressed."
"Mac people = fun, creative and helpful"

You’re not “new” to computers (it’s not likely that you understand others thinking mind, are you?)!!! So who the hell is JUDGING here???!!! It's like eating back what’s one just spitting out…

“I don't speak Vinamese. Maybe I need one of them Wintel Googlator Translators, LOL.”

No, you don't need to speak Vietnamese, cause I write in English. You need more …to translate LOL.

"That's cool and all, but what does this have to with taking, editing and posting pictures on the web? "

You've said it yourself!!! What’s all the “snobby”, “superior”, “fun”, “creative”, etc… has anything to do with “good computer” and “digital camera”?