Receiver for 702 S2 and HTM71 S2

I read @caphill detailed post on receiver recommendations for a pair of 702 S2s. I always wanted a good pair of speakers. I currently have a Paradigm Shift Soundscape soundbar paired with a Paradigm Seismic 110 sub. The soundbar served it’s purpose but it’s time to upgrade and I would like to get some used B&W 702 S2s and pair it with a HTM71 S2 center. I want to keep the Seismic 110.

That post is a few years old now, so I figure the tech has changed a bit. I would greatly appreciate a receiver recommendation from you audiophiles that are a lot more knowledgeable on the subject.

I dont have an unlimited budget (of course) but would like to get a very good receiver for this setup. 

mysterygadget

Showing 3 responses by mysterygadget

As far as budget goes, what is the price differential between good and great? caphill mentioned good receiver for 2000 and very good/great? for 3500 but that was 5+ years ago.

Definitely open to suggestions on other options. The reason I was leaning toward the 702 s2 is because of the good reviews and feedback. I believe the only downside was the bass which I can supplement with the Seismic 110.

Appreciate the help.

Thank you. 

Doing some research it appears the Anthem mrx-1140 is favored over the 720 and Arcam is more favored over the anthem. I believe Caphill mentioned this in the post I linked above. Would the Arcam AVR550 he recommended still be a solid contender? I can get this used for $500 to $1000.

There is a seller on here offering the AVR550 for 1,152.00. 

I appreciate the help, this stuff is well outside of my wheelhouse.

Any recommendations for a multi-channel amp for the 702s? 

I got a recommendation from Listenup for a Marantz SR8015 - 11.2 Channel 8K AV Surround Receiver.