Receiver for 702 S2 and HTM71 S2

I read @caphill detailed post on receiver recommendations for a pair of 702 S2s. I always wanted a good pair of speakers. I currently have a Paradigm Shift Soundscape soundbar paired with a Paradigm Seismic 110 sub. The soundbar served it’s purpose but it’s time to upgrade and I would like to get some used B&W 702 S2s and pair it with a HTM71 S2 center. I want to keep the Seismic 110.

That post is a few years old now, so I figure the tech has changed a bit. I would greatly appreciate a receiver recommendation from you audiophiles that are a lot more knowledgeable on the subject.

I dont have an unlimited budget (of course) but would like to get a very good receiver for this setup. 

mysterygadget

Showing 2 responses by loomisjohnson

@mysterygadget, i've no doubt the more recent anthem 1140 is favored, but you're talking a lot more money + it's likely overkill for what you need--it has 11 channels? i haven't heard the arcam 550, although i do know the earlier-generation 500, which was a very good sounding piece. i do see the 550 (which is a 2018 model) sell for $600-700 on ebay and i would be intrigued at that range.

avrs depreciate faster than old sushi, so i'd buy used or refurbished. you can find a  anthem 520/720/740 for pretty cheap--it'll have fewer bells and whistles than the mass market stuff but are better built and will probably sound better. arcam avr would be my other choice